Monday, January 19, 2009

"Good LIfe" hits the road

As I mentioned in the last post, my actor friends gave "The Good Life" a great reading a week ago, and pummeled/pestered/passed along -- I'm looking for the right verb -- "shared" a number of thoughts about the play's logic and ending. I took some time to assimilate those ideas, then went after the script to see what I could do.

I'm pleased to announce that I think the rework was successful. The last two scenes have undergone a fairly major change, but, I think, for the better. And then after all the touch-ups throughout, I printed it out again, let it sit for two days, then looked it over again last night. All those facelifts have now been incorporated -- and the script is in the e-mail ozone. A good friend of ours has a place she'd like to share it, in case that arts center might want to make it part of their upcoming season. Wow. That would be something.

Anyway, it's back to her for her own review, then we'll push it on to her contact.

In short, more waiting to come!

And I do love waiting. Especially as other places I have scripts, some of which were supposed to have made their selections by now, haven't. Or perhaps they have and simply haven't told those who did NOT get selected. But they haven't posted their choices on their websites, either, durn 'em. And so, as usual ... we wait. Maybe something will surface this week!

If nothing else, another script is "done" and the Steelers won. Things could be worse.

No comments: