Wednesday, November 4, 2009

OK, it's gonna happen

All the contracts are signed and the first details nailed down, so I can officially say it -- barring catastrophes as yet unseen, we are going to produce the world premiere of my play, "Conversations in a Cafe," at Kernersville's Korner's Folly in October 2010. There's a whole lot of work and planning to do before then, including set pieces, lighting plans, sound and music rights gathering and a whole lot more, but it's exciting to contemplate the very real possibility of it happening. I've got a great director on board, and I hope she can stay there. Two of the roles are pre-cast (so far), and we're gathering names and possibilities to entice to auditions for the remaining seven roles. And a lot of good ideas floating around.

I know it seems early, but the clock is already ticking and time will fly. I just know it. There will be some challenges, no doubt -- but hopefully, a much greater quotient of fun and satisfaction.

1 comment:

Cheryl Ann Roberts said...

Congrats, Bill!! I am so very excited for this show to be produced. I am hoping it's the beginning of many of your plays to be realized on stage. Please let me know how I can help in making "Conversations" a household name.