Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Into the new year we go

Somehow when I wasn't looking, New Year's slipped by and the first month of 2012 is nearly half-gone. Busy is, I guess, better than sitting around with nothing to do. If only I had more to show for it ....

But the exciting moment for me for early this year is just around the corner -- a group of actor friends once again convening in our den to read the latest full-length script out loud. "Rehearsals" is going to be given the treatment this coming Sunday afternoon, and I can't wait. Not only do I think it will be fun, and good to see a lot of those folks again, but I think this may be the most commercial and marketable script I've written. We'll see, of course, but after the reading and revisions, I can put the script out there and see what happens.

And, though I've said this before, I have hopes of wrapping up the one-act "Patent" before the month is out. Hope so, anyway.

We haven't seen a lot of shows recently, but that's about to change, too. More reports, and soon, from area theater.

Meanwhile, I have been working on cleaning up the layout and promoting the print copies of my first published novel, A SIMPLE MURDER. It has chewed up a fair amount of work time outside of the playwriting realm, but all for the best, I believe. Getting known as a writer isn't easy, but it won't do itself.

Should be back soon with more comments and the aftermath of the reading!

No comments: