Monday, August 4, 2008

Talking is Good

Despite my chief drive and desire to be mostly hermetic in nature, shunning company and chatting to myself and my cat throughout the day and my wife when she can escape the office, there really are times when company and talk can be beneficial (as long as the talk isn't politics or specifics of religion).

Saturday was a good evening, with a number of volunteers and performers of Kernersville Little Theatre gathered for their annual banquet/meeting/ awards ceremony. It was a good year and the awards were quite inclusive, which I think is great for all concerned. Support your volunteers, and they will support you.

Afterwards, some folks gathered to wet their whistles with a beer or two, food, snack or whatever. It's this kind of meeting of those with a theatrical bent (or who are theatrically bent, either way is fine) that gets my discussion and creative juices flowing. And since then, I've had my head back where it belongs -- focusing on what is going to be happening, and what needs to be done to make those things happen, in the new play script. Yes, I have a couple of articles on assignment, but not much more can or needs to be done on either at this particular moment. So, the re-focusing at this point is quite helpful. Thanks, theater folks! You know who you are.

No comments: