Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Finally.

I'm very pleased to report that, on my writer's week away at the Outer Banks, I finally tied together the pieces in order to complete a first draft of one-act play "Patent." Now I'll wait to see what the first readers think, and then try to figure out what to do with it. But it is a great joy to no longer have to say, "NEXT month, I'll finish that script." Of course, I've done a number of things and finished them since I started that particular one, but still ....

Meanwhile, I have mostly completed an update and edit of the first 250 manuscript pages of another novel that's been a work in progress, a serial-killer tale set on the Outer Banks. Regrettably, in the 15 years since I last gave it a serious look, some of the settings in Manteo, etc. have changed or disappeared, so I'll have to do a little MORE editing to fix those alterations. But then maybe I'll get started trying to finish the little bugger.

We've only seen one play since I last blogged, "Welcome to Mitford" at Twin City Stage. It was not one of my favorite plays or productions, but I'm glad I went. More playgoing to come soon!

No comments: