Monday, June 9, 2008

And now for more waiting

As anyone who knows me at all could tell you, patience is one of those virtues that completely passed me by. So imagine me patiently waiting, now, as I anticipate not hearing one way or the other about my bid for a grant to produce my FIRST play until October 1 or thereabouts. Add to that the sending of the script for my SECOND play to Washington, DC, and waiting to see when my son can show it to a theater company up there, and then wait until they read it and respond, one way or another. Even if I have to manufacture it, I am going to have to find any number of things to keep my mind off those matters!

We will be traveling a bit over the next few weeks, including catching the three roughly 90-minute segments of the Source Festival's 10-minute play offerings in DC -- these are being lit by Andy, and they just sound interesting in any case. And we have a play at Triad Stage, a play at Kernersville Little Theatre, and a play at Barter Theatre to see between now and July 4. That should help to keep my mind occupied. I hope.

No comments: