Monday, June 2, 2008

A long leap forward

Thanks to some very special people, I am now revising and taking some useful leaps forward on the script of my second play, "All About Faith." On Sunday afternoon, Cheryl Roberts, Mikey Wiseman, Kelly Wallace, Macon Shirley, Lee Huggins and Myla O'Brien visited the house and read the script out loud. Kathy, as always, was the hostess supremo, while I took notes and basked in the sound of the play in the hands of actors (instead of just me in a back room somewhere muttering to myself.)

While I am still chiefly pleased with the overall direction and content of the play, our guests offered a number of thoughts and suggestions that I think will only help to add clarity and fill in holes in the script that may have been filled in inside my head, but not on the page. I am still thrilled overall with the direction of the show, and how people reacted to it outside of the four walls of our house. Now, I have a week or so to whip it into shape further -- then send it to DC with Andy to see if a company up there might like to produce it.

Patience is a virtue. I'm told.

Thanks again, guys, for letting me hear the play in your voices!

No comments: