Sunday, June 8, 2008

Peace and quiet

It really is amazing how much a little peace and quiet, with few distractions, can make in the progress on a writing project. Conveniently, I wrapped up the article on antiquing in Greensboro late last week, and also got to see the printed treatment of the Triad Stage/Bloody Blackbeard piece in Greensboro Monthly late on Friday. It's really fun, and excellent photos, too! So all of that was put behind me BEFORE leaving for the Log-Inn (our second home for a little less than a year, at about 3200 ft. above sea level in Ashe County, NC).

Anyway, I have worked through, and over, three of the four scenes in ALL ABOUT FAITH, addressing further thoughts, comments and suggestions and generally seeking not only to smooth it out but add some running length to it. I'd like the final product to run around 90 minutes beginning to end. It's getting closer but it's not quite there yet, though I have yet to attack scene four and time it.

But in a quiet, otherwise unoccupied house with a view of trees and distant ridges from the loft window, I find it easier to keep my mind on task. Even if I'm taking a break before timing Scene Three to enter words on my blog!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

how are you

i hope you enjoy every minute of your beautiful life.

you are fantastic!!!

a kiss for you, my dear friend!

god bless u dear

can we exchange our link

r u ready to do?

bye
take care
god bless you dear

Bill said...

You're right! I am fantastic!